About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cups and a tantrum

Sullivan is changing so quickly and it is hard to believe it! She has now fully accepted switching to cups from bottles and I feel like we are leaving a part of infancy behind. This is a great thing and I am so happy that she took to the transition very fast, much faster than I expected. I was preparing for a two-month process...I think she really likes the independence that she has in grasping and drinking when she likes during a meal instead of sitting with me and having a bottle.

She has also developed a keen love for balls, especially the plastic ones from Walmart. I bought her a little care bear one (about the size of a grapefruit) and she adores grabbing it and letting it go and "playing ball" as we roll it to her and she "tosses" it about. So, we went back to Walmart the other day to buy another one. We approached the massive bin of balls and I searched for a small one and came across a medium-sized one with horses on it and gave it to her to see if she could hold on to it well. She couldn't, but was enjoying trying, so I searched for a smaller one. I found a nice Spiderman one and proceeded to switch the big one for the smaller one. Whoa! As I took the larger one from her, she began to wail like I have never heard her! This was a tear-less, frustrated scream from deep within and I swear this is the worst tantrum we have had yet!? Who knew!? A plastic ball! So, after about ten minutes of cuddling, a handful of puffs and a few sips of milk while strolling the toy aisle, we made it through the plastic ball tantrum! Whew!

2 comments:

Christa said...

how funny! the girl knows what she wants! :) she is so precious and I have loved spending time with the both of you... it has been such a blessing to me.

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

Catie:
This reminds me when I was a youngster growing up, and my sister was in a high chair. I found a broken down water pistol, and when I brought it home, she wanted it. She too wailed until she took possession of it. My dad at the time kept a camera handy and took a snapshot of it. As broken down as that water gun was, I wanted it to be mine, but my sister cried the loudest. Funny eh? Also glad to hear that Sullivan is making the transition from bottle to cup, or maybe both for now. Hope you, Lee and Sullivan will be blessed today and always.