About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mom's Night...and an "eye tooth"?




This week is rolling along smoothly and finishing my grading for test 3 last night made it even better. Some of us ortho moms were able to celebrate St.Patrick's Day on Tuesday by heading out to a fun spot downtown called "Takosushi," which combines sushi and other japanase/pan-asian food with tex-mex. Pleases everyone, right? It is a pretty good place and we had a great time sorting out all the problems in our world, which basically all revolve around our children and families. It is such a nice thing that our residency program gets together like this...I was taking notes as the older ones were discussing putting their houses on the market as they prepare to move for 1yr for a fellowship and then to a final spot to practice. It is crazy to think that in 3yrs we'll be doing the same thing. I love Greenville and am already sad to think about leaving...

In other news, my angel girl is embodying the Gisell Institute's title on one-year-old children: Fussy and Fun-loving. Bless her. She is at the cusp of doing so much (pulling up, pushing herself into positions like the bear crawl, sitting position, etc., babbling in two syllables...) and is just so easily frustrated these days by what she can't quite do or understand. Lee is calling her a "primadona." These bouts of tantrum-like behavior are surely a phase...But to add to the situation, she is getting what they call an "eye tooth" on her right side. And, no, there are no front teeth present!? So, we may have a little "frankenstein look" (as my mom says) or "trailer trash look" (as I say) with this random side tooth coming in! Ha! Her only one on the whole top of her mouth! I'll have to post those pics as soon as we move through the pain...The poor babe screamed unlike I have ever heard her and just writhed in my arms, in the bed, on the floor, in the highchair...so very sad. Apparently an "eye tooth" causes pain up through the jaw to the ocular nerves as well. Ouch! Sounds terrible.

Pics of our mom night to come...

1 comment:

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

Hi Catie:
I hope you and the family are well, and that Sullivan is free from pain on her new eye tooth that is coming in. The family takes real nice pics and I enjoy seeing them. Hope you enjoyed St. Patty's Day. My wife and I went to a fund raiser on the 14th which was very nice. Palm Sunday is two weeks away, and Easter the following Sunday on the 12th of April. I pray that you will be able to stay in Greenville. Change is good though. If the Lord wills it, you will not have to make a move. God bless you and the family.