


Although it was a rainy weekend for the most part, Lee was home all weekend and we got to spend lots of time with friends! Friday we got to go to a Halloween party at the Hollenbecks and then spent a Halloween "trick or treating" stroll and dinner with our friends, the Forets...and thankfully, we have lots to forward to this coming weekend when Gigi and Waylo (my parents) come to visit! In addition to just getting to visit and share our life here in Greenville with them Fri-Tues, Lee and I get to sneak away for 30+hrs on Saturday to a bed and breakfast in Madison, GA! This couldn't come at a better time as Lee has had long call days, a big talk to give this Thursday and a huge test coming up that have left him spent to say the least. He needs a good escape! And mama does too! :) And the town of Madison captivated us as we drove through it this past summer, I am thrilled that we can now go! So the story goes that during his civil war raids, Sherman decided not to burn the town because he felt it so beautiful. And beautiful it is! Antebellum architecture is one of my favorites and I've even found one of these old homes for us to stay in. Above you'll see a photo of one of the gorgeous homes of Madison (not the one we're staying in, but lovely nonetheless) as well as two other photos from the Hollenbeck's awesome Halloween party for the residents: me and Beth in one photo and Sullivan and her son, Dane, eating dinner in another. I hope that your Halloween was a spooky good time!
4 comments:
Catie & Lee:
Good to hear that you both got a needed break and enjoyed seeing your parents. I like the pics. God bless as I am also happy to hear your Halloween was enjoyed. I enjoyed All Saints and All Souls Day. Enjoy this week.
I am so thrilled for you and Lee, Catie! And a visit from your parents! What a wonderful weekend to look foward to. We would be honored to meet your Mom and Dad if time would allow. Thank you for mentioning the Halloween party and sharing photos. I so missed the MNO last night, and hope you all had a great night out with great food and conversation.
I hope yall have a wonderful weekend. Do you know when y'all we be in town for Thanksgiving? We HAVE to get together. I would love for everyone to come to our house!!
Hey Catie! What a precious family! I am so glad you found our blog. Please keep in touch. I just posted some new pictures (since I haven't updated in 2 and a half months)!!! Have a great week!
Post a Comment