About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

When was the last time...






you and your spouse got away together? Hmmm....can you recall? Well, if you are due a good getaway (and aren't we all?) I've got a great suggestion: Madison, GA. For all of us in the upstate it is super close (1hr 45min), but for those much south of ATL, it would be a long drive. Nevertheless,Lee and I had an amazing day and a half escaping to this small town. It is a walk back in time to a slow, quiet southern town flanked with local shops and flavors, enclosed by centuries-old neighborhoods of white-washed homes, often supported by thick, tall columns that beckon you to sit in a rocking chair and stay a while. And stay a while we did desire to do...we quickly found ourselves quizzing our innkeeper about the hospital, the schools, the realestate. Whoa! We were investigating Madison as a longterm destination...who knows!? All I do know is that there is something deeply comforting about a small, southern town...and even more so one like Madison that offers much in culture, cuisine and proximity to larger cities like Athens and Atlanta. We ate well at several places, enjoyed our Bed and Breakfast and loved that we could walk everywhere within minutes. Lee and I both felt rejuvenated and re-connected afterwards...well worth the bit of planning and funds that the trip involved. So...when is your next getaway? I bet it will do you and your family a ton of good. Here's to happy travels!
PS- A special "thank you" to my parents for making the weekend possible!
!Mil gracias!
PSS- The above photos are from Halloween, Madison, and time outside with family.

2 comments:

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

Catie & Lee:
Thanks for the post. We at our house are due for a getaway, even though we are satisfied with our present agenda. Happy to know that you guys had a wonderful getaway. Some people need it more than others, and with your schedules, I'd say go for it. Glad you did and had a good time. Yes, your parents received a blessing I'm sure for what they did to make your trip possible. I enjoyed the pics especially the one with Sullivan holding the pigskin. God bless you as you enjoy the rest of the week.

The Howell's said...

Catie, Sullivan is SUCH A DOLL!!!!