About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lip gloss and Jesus

Before I forget these hilarious things Sullivan has said today, I've got to write them down! Here goes:

Walking across the street from where I parked to go to mass this morning, I am carrying my purse, a huge diaper bag, Sullivan on my right hip and Sawyer in her carrier in my left hand...

Sullivan: So heavy, Mommy! Heavy!
Me: Yes, it is so heavy for Mommy, but we love Jesus and so we are going to mass.
Sullivan: Where Jesus go?
Me: Well... (her questions are getting tougher!) Jesus is with us all the time...
Sullivan: No, Mommy. Jesus is at home.

Suddenly, my load became so much lighter!

This afternoon...

Sullivan states, "I need my lipgloss, Mommy!"
(as she reaches into the drawer in kitchen where I keep lipbalm, puts it on and then goes to see herself in a mirror ...hmm, I am totally convicted here. Maybe I use lip products a bit excessively! Ah!)

Tonight, watching her evening show:
Sullivan whispers, " I like yer outfit, Mommy." (Fingers the zipper on my sweatshirt...)
"What's name, Mommy?"
I say, " Zipper. That's my zipper. "
Sullivan adamantly responds, "No, outfit. It's outfit."

1 comment:

LHB said...

Catie, Reading these little "Sullivanisms" makes me so excited for the years to come . . . seems like every day gets more entertaining :)