In April, a Monday, 11am.
Mom enters Costco with the two girls, heads straight to bathroom.
Roaring hand airdryers and V6 engine toilet flushes cause both girls to wail, terrified.
Sullivan refuses to pee. Mom knows this makes shopping quite risky.
Mom decides to make a speedy 20 minute run through the store.
Mom finishes shopping, beelines to checkout, 18 minutes later.
Sullivan announces she needs to potty.
Mean check out girl won't hold items so Mom can run her to bathroom.
Mom attempts check out.
Mom sweats profusely.
Sullivan begins to pee, wants to flee from it and leaves a trail of urine in her path.
Mom quickly pays, abandons $100+ of groceries.
All 3 run into bathroom, Sullivan in a puddle of tears.
More roars and violent flushing.
Mom changes Sullivan's clothes, Sawyer wails again.
More roars and flushing.
Mom hopes groceries are still there, not stolen.
Mom carries both girls out, quiet now, retrieves un-touched groceries.
Mom sighs, avoids glances from Mean Checkout Girl.
Man at exit needs paid receipt.
Really?
Mom finds it cruppled, wet; hands it over.
Makes it 200 yards to car. Decides she needs a huge, delicious Diet Dr.Pepper.
Returns home safely.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oy. We've just started potty training at our house. John Marshall told me he needed to "poo poo potty" at Hobby Lobby. We rushed around and found it a second too late, and he pooped on the floor as I was hoisting him onto the toilet. "I did it!" he exclaimed. After we left, he announced to one and all that he had pooped in the "baffroom" :)
Catie-again I am so sorry that this happened! I can't imagine. I feel sorry for ALL involved: mom and the 2 girls.
Post a Comment