Last Monday evening, Sawyer seemed particularly parched before her bedtime and I allowed her to keep drinking and drinking her milk. As she is small thing, I was happy to see her so eager to take in a few more calories. Shortly after, I gently took her to our "bedtime lullaby" chair, placed her on my lap, chest to chest, and as I whispered our sweet "go to sleep" songs into her ear, I was instantly startled by a warm, wet gush that seemed to attack my throat. Quickly I realized that I was completely soaked, into my ear canals, down my shirt and into my underclothing, down my legs and even into my Birkenstocks. I was so stunned, I just sat there for a minute in shock...until the clapping of her hands on my chest and spraying yet even more regurgitated milk over the room woke me into action. The smell persisted on my body even after showering....ick. This mothering is surely no small thing.
Perhaps it was a little too much milk.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment