
As many of you know, we are soon to leave Greenville as our 5yr residency is coming to a close. (Insert many tears here.) We put our house up for sale about a week ago and have been blessed with many showings this week. Well, after several of these showing, where I clean, then place the girls in the car, run back into the house to organize and "stage" final things, Sullivan is getting curious. Once I got back to the car today after a particularly long "staging" time, our conversation went something like this as she is trying to sort out this whole, rather confusing, moving process:
Sullivan: (Moaning) Mommy, I don't want to be in the car anymore.
Me: I know, Sullivan. I am sorry. We have to leave because some people are coming to visit to see if they want to buy our house.
Sullivan: Oh. People will buy our house? We will live in another house? Why?
Me: Yes, someone will buy our house and we will go live in another house. We are doing this because of Daddy's work.
Sullivan: Daddy's working? In Montgomery?
Me: Yes, Daddy is working right now. First we will go to Jackson, MS,for his work and then to Montgomery to stay.
Sullivan: And be with Josephine? And swim with her? (Her cousin)
(Pause) Those people are gonna bought our house?...
(incredulously) Well, it is really heavy!!!
I could tell her little mind was spinning with the thought of these next two towns and then also of people purchasing our home and then physically taking it away with them as one does with many items once they are bought! Ha!
But seriously, this is a lot for all of us right now...
A lot on me to emotionally to prepare to leave so many dear friends and home that we have come to love (and to keep the house up and show it!) and also yet a lot on my little girl who is just trying to sort out what is happening each day and where we will go next!
No comments:
Post a Comment