About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sawyer-ese

 Stealing Mommy's Diet Coke...a favorite pastime.




I think it is pretty neat how often times mothers (or other primary care-givers) are the only ones who can decipher their toddler's speech. It is a magical thing to watch a child come alive in language and literally burst with new words each day. Right now we are in such a phase with Sawyer and I am the privileged one who gets to decode her utterances. I want to document these adorable phrases of hers that she will too-soon lose. I wish I could capture the sound of her "Fossy" (for "Frosty the Snowman") or her "Bah ticka ticka" (for "Bubble Guppies") with more dimension than words on a page, but for now it will do.  I love her requests for her "nuck" (what she calls her milk),  "Ee ay Ee ay" (Old McDonald had a Farm) or "Tinkle Tinkle"  (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) as well as her little words for "hem me" (help me) or "bati Oh" (batido {smoothie}) or "Key Aht" (kitty cat), "Ahhpplejuice" (for either juice or her "autobus" toy schoolbus) or "Bah Bah" for her lamb lovie.  Perhaps our favorite is her "Dah eee" for her Daddy or her "I owe you" for "I love you".  I also like "gahtackle" which can either be for "popsicle" or "bicycle". You can't write this stuff!?

Don't grow up, Sawyer! You are so precious to us.

No comments: