About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Little Miss Manners




Sullivan finished her Manners class with a very fancy evening, complete with a presentation and five course dinner. My parents were able to join us (Lee and Sawyer stayed at home as it was a late and lengthy affair) and we all enjoyed sitting at the table, sampling shrimp, soup, salad, baked chicken and chocolate mousse. She tried it all and didn't like most, but simply trying it all, using the utensils and drinking from crystal was still quite a big deal. To begin, the children were even announced and presented to us one by one, very debutant in style. I can see how many would think this a ridiculous thing to send a five year-old to, but ah! I love the south and its southern ways.
And I think it is never too early to learn to be polite.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: