About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home for the Holidays

We are home at my parents now and ahh...it is so nice! I love taking part in the "everyday" that I miss with my parents and my sister and her family. We have done nothing extraordinary, but yet it has been nourishing to me. There is something about coming home that we all need, isn't there? Somehow, I am breathing easier and I feel removed from my to-do lists, household chores, teaching plans, etc. Somehow, it is all on hold and I am able to savor everything a bit more. Ahh...All I need is Lee, who is still working back home. Ugh. He'll come on Tuesday and we can't wait.

Sullivan continues to be flexible and just "roll with the punches" as she juggles from lap to lap, crib to crib and from place to place. She is awesome and I do tell her how grateful I am! Her newest "tricks" are clapping, waving (although not at the right moment!?), and expanding her babbling repotoire. She delights us.

My camera port is back in SC, so no new pics until I return in a week. For now, Merry Christmas and may this week be a rich one.

2 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

I would love to see you if you have time. I KNOW this is a busy time of year. Has been since you and your sweet Dad came to give me and Nick a Christmas present three years ago!? My how things have changed... we have children now, wow.

Please email me lauragmielke@gmail.com anytime but especially if you have time while you are in town.

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

Catie:
Tuesday is almost here. Lee will be there and all will be complete for the holidays. Glad to hear you are enjoying it immensly. The photos can wait. You can enjoy my photos at my new site www.catholicmountain.com All Catholics are invited to join. Just put Anthony Mangano on the search engine when the site comes up. God bless and enjoy Christmas.