About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saturday friends




Sullivan and I got an opportunity to meet up with a few college girlfriends this past Saturday morning. Meghan, Michelle, Amanda and Laura came from near (Atl) and far (Boston and NC) to be together this weekend in Atlanta and they were gracious to meet us in Commerce, GA, for a little brunch. Here we are enjoying some good 'ole southern treats in the Cracker Barrel. Thanks girls for being so loving and patient with me and Sullivan! I had a great time visiting with you and I really appreciate y'all getting up early and driving to meet up with us! *Thank you!*

In other news, another friend, our Smokey, has a rude awakening coming to her. Her belated Christmas present: a shock collar. Our 1.5 yr old shelter dog, a lab-doberman-who-knows-what-else canine is mostly a gregarious creampuff, but packs a big punch with her 65lbs of youthful enthusiasm. The barking during dinner, running away when we open our gate to our driveway, jumping on people when excited, etc., has all got to stop for us regain some harmony with our pup. So, Lee and I have finally decided to purchase the collar and hopefully train her quickly (with minimal shocking) to create Murphy-Smokey utopia.

2 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

wow. you have guts! I say i could never do that but if it works let me know... i am so very tired of our little ali doing most of the same things Smokey is doing... having kids really put things in perspective. before the babies, ALI WAS the baby.. now she's a dog... a very loved dog but a dog nonetheless.

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

Catie:
Hello to you and your friends. Glad to know that you enjoyed seeing them.(Nice Reunion indeed!)I also like the photo of Smokey. He's cute, and I feel sure he will fit in the family just right. God bless you and the family as you enjoy the week. Nice photos of Sullivan and your friends too.