About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

productivity





What a day! Surprisingly, I have tackled my to-do list today AND enjoyed serious family time. Is that possible? Never before, but today I am enjoying the high. Although Lee has been on call often this week (and tomorrow!) his nights have been light and we have thus had more time together on his days at home. This morning Sullivan and I braved 9:30a mass (a tough time due to the usual morning nap) and barely made it through unscathed. We then quickly rushed home to the crib for her to take a weird 11am nap. This made a nice transition to Lee's schedule. So, as Lee and Sullivan napped from 11-1pm, I scurried about making soup, sweeping, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, tackling the laundry, etc. and had it almost all done by the time we were ready to enjoy the unseasonably warm afternoon by going downtown for lunch, coffee and strolling. Back by 4p, Sullivan took another snooze and Lee and I have enjoyed our warm fireplace and being together as a family on this very surprising, super Sunday. I hope that yours has been a good one.

5 comments:

Travel girl said...

Oh Catie,
Sullivan is just too cute. Sounds like your day was busy, but fun. I wish I was there with you and Lee. Love, Mama

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

Catie:
You did have a Super Sunday! Ours was very good with Pittsburg winning the Bowl. Glad to hear the family shared some quality time together and you got a lot done around the house. Also happy to hear that you made morning Mass. The photos are beautiful. It was a beautiful day God bless all at home.

Beth Hollenbeck said...

All I can say is...yeah!

js said...

how completely delightful!! that does sound like quite an exquisite day! i love you so much- happy february!!

The Howell's said...

Thank you Catie! We are so excited-it's been a long time coming!! :) It's so great to keep up with everyone on here. You have a beautiful family. I can't wait to keep reading about it!