About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Water play and a trip to the cabin






Hello! We've been busy up here! We have two fun outdoor playtoys, a water table and a little baby pool (thanks to Aunt Lauren and Daddy), and good times have been had. We also unexpectedly got away to McRae,GA, to visit with my parents, fish, and just soak up some quiet this past weekend. Sullivan is on the cusp of walking and has even taken a few steps recently. She likes to "bear crawl" and do a semi-headstand right now, by straightening her legs and putting her hands on the floor. She continues to be a joy and "sings" and "talks" all the time now. She understands so much! It is really amazing to watch her grow. Her newest words are:
English: dog, duck, teese (for cheese or trees), daddy, mommy
Spanish: "mah" (mas=more), joo ("hoo"=jugo=juice)
sounds: woof, bah bah
So fun...

6 comments:

Beth Hollenbeck said...

So fun! The first picture of you and Lee reminds me of scenes from the movie "The Notebook!" Glad you could get away as a family...and see family, as well!

The School Family said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun! I wish I could hear her sweet voice in Spanish--I could just cry imagining it!

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

Catie & Lee:
It's good to get away from home for a while, and I am glad you had a good time at your parents home. Sure looks peaceful in the boat. Did Lee catch any fish. I feel that he did catch a few. Also happy to hear that Sullivan is growing up nicely, and for her age, has a great vocabulary. God bless your family as you enjoy the weekend.

js said...

i love the new big intro picture of lee and sully! it and the previous one of y'all clapping are such happy pictures! so glad y'all had such a great time, and it was wonderful talking to you today! how fun that you're HEARING the fruits of your labor in her speech, too!! love you!!
always, judith ann

JD and Danielle said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Love the pictures and thank you for the email today. I think Jeremiah is going to be feeling a lot better tomorrow.

The Howell's said...

Sullivan is so cute! I love the pictures of her in the pool!!