About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Big Easy!





That's right! We traveled down to New Orleans last weekend for my mom's side of the family reunion. It was truly a great time to see all 60+ Rousseau family members that have descended down from my grandparents, Marcelin and Bernadette, or as I knew them, "Maw Maw and Paw Paw." From their five children, of which my mother is the 5th, there came 15 grandchildren of which I am the youngest. Then from us 15 have come more than 20 children thus far, as we are still counting! Hailing from Louisiana, Texas, California, Maryland, Ohio, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina, we're all very spread out and only see one another every 5-10 years it seems. Hopefully, this can become a nice tradition.
My dear parents made the trip possible for Sullivan, Lee and I and we had a relatively easy flight there and back all slept well at our fabulous Hampton Inn on St. Charles Avenue. We got to enjoy riding the streetcar, eating at Emeril's Delmonico restaurant, playing at Aunt Junie's house, visiting at our family dinner at Loyola University, exploring StoryBook Land and City Park as well as cozying up with family at the hotel. A fantastic weekend! Thank you, Gigi and Waylo!

2 comments:

Beth Hollenbeck said...

Looks like so much fun! I am so glad you had the opportunity to spend time with so many family members. What a treat!

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

It is great to be with family and friends, and I am glad to see it in the post and the photos. They came out great. I like the name of this post also: "The Big Easy!" God bless your family.

...Tony M...