About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

On the prowl...

For several things these days...

1. Mexican food. It seems to fit the bill right now, much to Lee's chagrin.
2. A new computer.

Yes, my 2004 ibook has gone to the nether-nether computer land and will not even turn on. Grrrhhh. This means that I can't upload my photos, access files, etc., etc. Friends, do you like the computer you have now? Any suggestions? As I am now teaching an online class, I'll need to remedy this issue soon.

Hope that you all are well and thank you for your kind "baby news" comments. Our first ob appointment is Tuesday and Lee can be there! We are pumped.

My mom is on her way up right now and then Lee and I are off for the weekend to Charlotte! (Savannah was axed as I-26 is closed!?) We are so grateful for some real R&R at the swishy Omni hotel in downtown Charlotte. Lee needs it desperately, as he is on Spine right now. I just hope the winter weather doesn't make it too difficult for us...

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

Hi Catie & Lee:
Have a good time in Charlotte. I do hope the weather is good. My computer is an ACER and I am very satisfied with it. They make good notebooks also if you are interested in them. Glad to hear all is going well and again, enjoy the R&R. God bless you and the family.

Sarah Lee said...

Catie -

First of all, congratulations on the baby news! Very exciting! I'm sure you and Lee are just ecstatic. Brian and I had the same computer problem you did and just bought an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC back in October. It has the new Windows 7 and we love it! It is much faster than our previous computers (my ancient desktop from UVA that died a year and half ago and Brian's Dell laptop purchased when he started law school) and it is very easy to use. We decided to get a PC rather than a Mac as Brian had never used a Mac before and both of our jobs use PC programs so that sadly we can do work at home when needed. Let me know if you have any other questions about it. Good luck shopping!

JD and Danielle said...

I highly recommend another mac. We love our imac and mac book. I think it would be very hard to go back to a PC once you have had a mac. There are so many things you can do on a mac that you can't do on a PC.
And I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes on Tuesday! :)

Laura Mielke said...

I agree with JD and Danielle. We have a Macbook and a MBPro and both are fantastic. I was once a PC user and now can't imagine not having Apple. Pricey but well worth wouldn't you say.. I mean your 2004 JUST gave out!? that's really great/worth the investment.

Can't wait to hear about BabyMurphy#2 soon!

Beth Hollenbeck said...

A word from the poor...We have had a Dell in some form or another for 8 years. Our current one, a desktop, we purchased when we moved to Greenville. I know nothing about a Mac simply because of the price tag. However, we LOVE our Dell :)