


The apple truly doesn't fall far from the tree for Sullivan and me and I am convicted of this almost on a daily basis. Case in point: her bed. It takes me around three days, count them: 1,2,3, to warn her of the fact that I will be changing her sheets and washing her blankets. It takes her that amount of time to be relatively "okay" with the whole experience of relinquishing control over her intricate "nursery" of swaddled tucked and protected babes and animals (see above). And as a person who likes her things "just so", I can very much relate. But I also relate to the desire of a clean home, so I persist in my efforts to clean her bed linens. So, today was day 2 of the "change warning" and but I really wanted to get it done, even though she was quite unwilling, stating that "some people don't wash!".
Quietly this afternoon, I snuck in to remove it all and as I was doing so Sullivan ran in and fell to her knees in full "Scarlett O'Hara" swoon and wept. I kept on removing and some how, some way, as I was trying to not react and be calm during her display, I managed to punch myself in the nose as I took off the corner of her bedsheet!? Is this EVEN humanly possible??? I thought not, but now I have proved it possible! All this in the name of fresh sheets! Sheesh!
And finally, above is her full revision of the nursery after the clean stuff went on...it only took her 30 tearful minutes to regain the correct positions with swaddling, tucking and protecting.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment