About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Friday, October 12, 2012

K4 Open House

Sullivan's school hosted an Open House for parents this past Wednesday. We had a light lunch and toured the school to see what the children have been doing over the fall. Sawyer was busy in her classroom, so I could totally focus on Sullivan and discovering her "school world". She proudly and excitedly showed me her playground, music room, artwork on the wall and the special toys and games that she loves in her classroom. I saw her seedlings in the windowsill that she had recently planted, her leggos, her dress up corner and kitchen and watched her play with the many boys in her class. (Out of the ten children, only three are girls.) I am really pleased with the school and Sullivan seems to agree as she asks to go even on the weekends!?

It was a special morning and I am so glad that I had my camera tow!
 Demonstrating her new "pumping" skills on the playground.
 Look how adorable this roll of toilet paper is!? It is now adorning our mantle at home.
 Sullivan's wall space for her artwork. She has a self portrait top left and found pictures in magazines for each of us to complete her family tree (top right), doing so with shocking resemblance.  The "Me" poster in orange was particularly touching as she dictated that her favorite places were her Honey and Gigi's houses and that she wishes to be a real doctor and wants to grow up and be a Mommy. I almost teared up right then and there!
 Us in the hallway.
 Ms. Beth, her teacher.
Posing with her friend Helen.

No comments: