About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

True Beauty





This past week I took the girls to Montgomery during their Spring Break so that I could begin an intense surge of "Project House Hunting". I saw about 25 homes in two days and then returned to see a few on a third morning. Obviously, I could not have done this without the help of my mom, who quite literally put her life on hold to help me and provide 10+ hours of care for the girls each day. My sister also graciously stepped in and took Sullivan to do some fun things in the afternoons. Between ToysRus, the zoo, Krispy Kreme and Eastdale Mall and endless adventures outside, the girls had a fantastic Break.
When we got home last Thursday night, while watching a show, Sullivan asked me the difference between "pretty" and "beautiful" as those words had just been used in the video. She asked for a definition of each one and then after my attempt at what beautiful meant, she looked at me thoughtfully and said, "Like Gigi, Mommy? Like Gigi?".

Real Beauty. Even at the tender age of 4 not quite 5, she sees it. 

Here are a few favorite "Gigi" pics from the last year or so.

1 comment:

Mary Tyler S. said...

oh wow. Out of the mouths of babes. Your sweet Mama couldn't be described any other way :-)