is that for us it means a low grade fever, various and random bouts of writhing and crying/screaming, as well as an unusual amount of saliva and mucus emerging from nose and mouth. Whoa! The poor child!? We are only on tooth #2, which just erupted today, and there are how many more!? Thank goodness for Motrin and Orajel, our two best buddies during said episodes of pain.
I also had to hold her down by myself (Lee's on call) and try to use the nasal aspirator on her to help relieve some of this horrible winter congestion...So, between the aspirator, forcing the Motrin in via medicine siringe, and prying my Orajel-coated finger into her mouth to try to rub her delicate gums, I've placed her into her bed, turned on her humidifier and sweet-sounding crib aquarium and I'm hoping she'll forget the trauma she just endured from Dr..., I mean, Mom.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Miss Catie, I have had to play Mean Dr. Mom a LOT with my babies.. especially this week. The good news is we don't remember being babies and neither will they. Kudos and get well soon Miss Sullivan!
Post a Comment