About Me

My photo
This is my "snapshot scrapbook" of our daily doings for my children and family. I hope to preserve the "everyday" for my children and for us so that we can always read it and remember.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

No!



This morning when I walked into Sullivan's room to wake her for our school day, I asked her as I often do, "How are you this morning?...Did you sleep well?" And she looked up at me (scrunched nose, with her hair a total mess) and simply said, "No."

She has officially learned it! Uh oh! "No" is now part of her vocabulary and although she is simply stating it and hasn't yet used it as a weapon of strength or in defense as of yet, who knows what is to come.

Lee and I have recovered well from our bug and are now looking forward to a long weekend with a babysitter-date night on Saturday and lots of family time. He is even off on Monday, which is great as my birthday is Sunday. It should be a very nice weekend and I hope that you have a great one as well!

5 comments:

Beth Hollenbeck said...

The big N-O has arrived! It seems as though Sullivan is doing something new every day, or multiple times a day! Wow! We sure miss seeing you this week at our walk. Wishing a lovely weekend and a VERY Happy Birthday! It sure is a fantastic day :)

Anthony's Blog-From Phila. said...

I know that word(No)well. My niece Angela who is now 11 use to say that word at Sullivan's age. The passifier which her parents called her baby was taken away when my niece didn't listen to the father parent, but the dentist. Keep that in your back pack for future reference. Glad to hear that both of you are over the bug, and that you have a nice plan for the long weekend. Enjoy and God bless. That word no will turn to yes soon.

danielle said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you guys are feeling better and hope you are having a great weekend.

js said...

i love that story! that's so cute! i hope you had a great birthday yesterday, and look forward to catching up soon! love you! -judith ann

Liz Rich said...

Catie! I hope you are doing well--Sullivan is just precious!
I wanted to email you about something but I do not have your email address--can you email me?
Hope to hear from you soon!
lizsrich@gmail.com